In the information era, social media has managed to enter the lives of the majority of the people across the globe. As consumers, people spend over 2 hours on social media in a day. Facebook is currently the most used social media platform. In terms of reach and monthly active users, Facebook had approximately 2.27 billion monthly active users in 2018 which is more than one-third of the 2019 total population of the world. So it will not be wrong to say that businesses can reach a massive consumer base through Facebook.
Having a Facebook business page can help a business reach and connect with their current and potential consumer base. Currently, there are over 50 million business pages on Facebook. Moreover, studies show that 93% of consumer buying decisions are based on social media. Well, isn’t that enough of a reason to get on your iPad or laptop to start creating a Facebook page for your business?
Benefits of Facebook for a Business
• Get business leads – Facebook is an amazing platform to gain consumers and build a marketing database. Several businesses use this platform to collect email ids and other contact details from people who are interested in their product or service. It also helps in gathering sales leads.
• Increase brand awareness – Every successful brand has a Facebook page through which they communicate and engage with existing and potential customers. Several online stores have popped up that operate through Facebook and they are doing well. Viral content marketing is capable of skyrocketing sales and brand awareness.
• Direct traffic to website – Posting links that lead to your website will increase online visits to your site.
• Get feedback – A Facebook page has a separate section for reviews and feedback that allows people to share their experiences with the business or brand. Good reviews can build trust among consumers.
• Provide customer service – Two-way communication between businesses and consumers Is necessary and Facebook encourages dialogue. Customers can reach out to the businesses through Facebook messenger or they can comment on posts to communicate an issue or suggestion.
• Targeted Ads and sponsored posts – While creating a Facebook ID, every person submits some personal information about themselves in their profile. They submit their age, gender, interests, etc. Therefore, Facebook can facilitate targeted advertising that allows businesses to target people from specific geographical location who has certain demographics based on age, gender, interests, etc.
• Get insights – Facebook has a great feature called ‘Facebook Insights’ that helps a business monitor their current content quality, engagement, demographics of the audience, etc. It helps in understanding what works best in terms of content and it gives valuable information about the current audience base.
Is Facebook Marketing relevant in 2021?
Several social media platforms enter the market every year but only a few gain popularity. Facebook has grown immensely in terms of active users in the last decade. Even though it’s reach has declined among younger audiences, it is still a popular social media platform among adults and senior citizens. It will not be correct to say that it has lost its relevance. On the contrary, Facebook has become more ingrained in society as the years pass by. In short, it’s extremely relevant in 2021.
Marketing on Facebook can be either an organic or paid approach. Organic Facebook marketing is all about creating a Facebook business page and posting engaging content and regular updates. It’s free of cost. Paid Facebook marketing includes sponsored ads and paid advertising. There is a Business manager account dashboard that helps in creating paid ads campaigns and tracking the performance of each ad. Other than this, there are several other features offered by Facebook that can be used by a business to reach potential customers and audiences that will help in increasing sales and brand awareness.
Why every business must have a Facebook page?
When someone owns a business, they have to take several things into account and one such important thing is to decide whether you should have a Facebook page or not. In my view, every business must create its online presence on major social media networking sites, especially Facebook as it can open doors to enormous opportunities.
Here are some reasons why every business must create a Facebook business page.
• Interact with customers – A great way to interact with your existing and potential customers is through a Facebook fan page or a group. Businesses can have a direct conversation with customers and the audience through comments and posts. It’s also a great platform to get feedback from several customers.
• Gain a loyal fan base – On Facebook, you can develop your own community and fan base. Through promotions, contests, engaging content, and campaigns, businesses can create a virtual space for like-minded customers who wish to stay updated on their latest services and products.
• Rank higher in SERP – Search Engine Optimization is an essential aspect for online businesses that helps in building an online presence. A Facebook page will help a business in SEO. Facebook pages are indexed by search engines and they can help a business rank higher in search engine rankings.
Facebook has completely changed the way people promote their business. It provides all the tools necessary to reach potential consumers or audiences. So what are you waiting for? Get to their website and sign up. It’s easy and free.